Opening Ceremony/Camp Set Up:
“Ball Drop” For NYE! Have the staff use a large beach ball to signify the ball in NYC. If done in the gym, staff could drop the ball from the track above. If done outside, it could just be tossed in the air to land.
Open camp up with a Christmas carol on the other days of the week.
Huddle Group Questions:
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving Food?
- What kinds of fireworks do you like the best?
- What was your favorite Halloween costume you ever wore?
- Do you know why we celebrate Labor Day?
- Do you know why we celebrate Memorial Day?
- Have you ever been to an Easter Egg hunt?
- What is your favorite Birthday present you’ve ever gotten?
- Rice-dying eggs.
- Turkey leg paper bag hats. http://salsainchina.blogspot.com/2009/11/fun-thanksgiving-craft-turkey-drumstick.html
- Carving or decorating pumpkins.
- Handprint flags.
- Dem Bones (Halloween),
- God Bless My Underwear (Independence Day),
- WABBIT (Easter)
Crew Service Project:
Each group is responsible for cleaning up the lunch room 2x per week. A 1x per month service project will be offered in addition so it may not be related to each week’s theme.
Camper Choice and Free Play Ideas:
Art Club Mondays (Weaving Thanksgiving placemats), Lego Club (Constructing different War monuments/memorials) Tuesdays, STEM Club (Milk/Soap Fireworks) Wednesdays, Gym Club (Mummy relay races) Thursdays. Each club will incorporate an activity relating to the theme.
Flag Salute and a moment of silence. Yoga to help everyone settle down.